Category - Document Capture & Management
- Document Capture
- Document processing
- Document distribution
- Content managment
INTELLIGENT DOCUMENT PROCESSING FOR TIMESAVING AUTOMATION
Off intelligent document capture, processing and delivery, Konica Minolta’s Document Navigator provides seamless electronic workfl for paper-based documents. This simple and fl xible capture solution manages document-based processes easily and with absolute reliability, letting offi workers concentrate on the essentials of their business.
Most employees spend considerable time on recurrent tasks as part of their everyday office work. Documents have to be scanned, processed and delivered to one or more destinations, for example another department, a CRM system, an electronic archiving solution. All of these admin istrative tasks involve a lot of manual intervention for each individual document.
With Document Navigator, documentbased daily office procedures can be handled reliably and effortlessly. After clicking a single button, the application automatically reads out the required information, for example an invoice number, the invoicing party or date, and intelligently processes the document content. For instance, after recognising a document as an invoice it is instantly forwarded to the accounting department. Documents can be named by default after the invoice party and invoice number. Operators do not even need to enter metadata since the Document Navigator automatically adds these as well.
The application’s intelligent document capture, processing and distribution capabilities ensure fully automatic document workflows. They make internal procedures faster and more productive, help to reduce costs and let companies concentrate on the really pressing business tasks rather than wasting time with lengthy administrative procedures.
- Various sources: Data can be captured from various sources, including Konica Minolta devices with OpenAPI, desktop computers via the desktop client, emails received by a registered email server, databases, FTP servers and Windows folders monitored by Document Navigator.
- MFP-embedded: Workflows start directly on the panel of the multifunctional bizhub device (MFP). This provides a convenient means to enter additional workflow information if required, such as naming the document, selecting destinations, adding metadata.
- Secure capturing: Secured Document Navigator workflows require a user login. In addition, the administrator can allocate individual workflows to specific users or user groups.
- Limitation of scanning options: The administrator can assign scan settings to specific workflows in order to control characteristics such as the file size for storage. He can for instance only allow the use of larger resolutions for important graphical documents and determine b/w scanning for documents and workflows that do not require digital colour output.
- Reliable OCR text recognition: Textual content is reliably recognised in electronic and paper documents and transformed into editable, extractable or searchable content.
- Popular file formats: Automatic conversion into the most popular electronic formats is supported, including Word, Excel, PDF, sPDF, JPEG, TIFF, XML, PDF/A.
- Barcode recognition: This facilitates separating documents and routing them in line with the information contained in the barcode.
- Optical mark-up recognition: The OMR functionality facilitates reading out surveys helping to analyse, process or distribute the content, depending on the markup.
- Image improvement: The application automatically enhances and improves the captured document. Features include the deletion of white spaces, borders and empty pages, removal of dots and punchhole shadows, as well as operations such as deskewing, despeckling, rotating or smoothing of pictures.
- FreeForm and zone recognition: This enables recognition according to rules and zones. Documents are processed individually according to their recognised content. Since no manual intervention is required, automation and therefore user convenience are much enhanced.
- Network location: Scanned documents are delivered directly into the desired network folders, which can be selected on the MFP panel or are automatically addressed according to the workflow specifications.
- Connectors to most popular solutions: Documents can be stored in several ERP/DMS/CRM/databases or Cloud environments, including SharePoint, Google Drive, Windream or Docuware. Even an XML generator is provided ensuring support by most electronic systems.
- E-mail address: The forwarding of digital documents to any internal or external email address is easy, with the address either preset or selectable on the MFP panel. Email addresses can also be retrieved via the company’s Active Directory or LDAP address book.
- FTP server & database: Documents can be uploaded directly to an FTP server or a database, such as SQL.