Nuance® eCopy® ShareScan®
Brings paper documents into the digital world
Integrate paper documents into digital workflows
The Nuance® eCopy® document imaging solutions connect Konica Minolta bizhub systems and other multifunctionals to email and other networked enterprise applications for instant and affordable capturing, distribution and management of paper-based information.
- Nuance®eCopy® ShareScan® lets users scan documents securely and seamlessly via their multi- functional office systems into business applications that support electronic business processes. The software provides a consistent, easy-to-use inter- face across any capture device, promoting user adoption and increasing the value of enterprise hardware and business software investments.
- The application is available in three versions:
All software versions* include one licence of eCopy® PDF Pro Office to combine and edit scanned paper documents directly from the desktop.
Easy integration and optimisation
- eCopy ShareScan brings paper documents directly into digital workflows, maximising the use of exist- ing document output systems. It helps companies optimise their corporate network infrastructure, save time, reduce costs and increase business results.
- Two alternatives are available to integrate eCopy ShareScan into existing office environments: With Nuance® eCopy® ShareScan® Embedded, either software version can be embedded completely into bizhub systems based on Konica Minolta’s bEST OpenAPI technology. Alternatively, external hardware is available with the Nuance® eCopy® ScanStation™ to connect to any bizhub or other multifunctional device.
eCopy ShareScan ® Efficient capture, processing and delivery
- As flexible document imaging software, eCopy ShareScan connects multifunctional devices to email and other networked applications, providing instant and easy-to-use management and distribution of paper-based information for increased productivity and greater compliance.
- eCopy ShareScan supports colour and black & white scanning and with the three versions ShareScan Elements, ShareScan Office and ShareScan Suite it is highly scalable. All versions bfeature straightforward web service architecture and offer comprehensive capabilities including the central administration of multiple devices from a single manager.
- eCopy ShareScan enables comprehensive workflow management on user account level, providing advanced fleet, user & group management. Personalised scanning includes role-based scanning profiles, allows matching profiles to departmental or individual roles, and lets users choose to view personal “favourite” workflows.
eCopy ShareScan key features
eCopy ShareScan key benefits
- Timesaving fast access to complete document workflows with instant scan & delivery directly at the bizhub
- Ease of use thanks to intuitive interface and user guidance
- Time savings, error minimisation and reliable safekeeping of information through streamlined capturing and automated business processes
- Secure document processes and complete corpo- rate confidentiality thanks to reliable control and archiving of sensitive paper-based information
- Flexible integration into the most diverse office environments thanks to extensive range of connectors
eCopy ShareScan® Flexible ShareScan portfolio
eCopy ShareScan Elements
eCopy ShareScan Office
- Organisations that need to incorporate scanned documents and information into their Microsoft Office workflows will appreciate eCopy ShareScan Office as the ‘office productivity’ solution that makes available comprehensive document scanning & OCR capabilities for paper-intensive office environments.
- eCopy ShareScan boosts the productivity of docu- ment-intensive offices and supports all tasks focus- ing on general office document processing, sharing and archiving. With the availability of additional con- nectors, seamless integration with back-end appli- cations such as Document Management Systems or Microsoft SharePoint is also ensured.
eCopy ShareScan Suite
- As the ‘business automation’ solution for organisa- tions that look for automatic processing of specific document types, eCopy ShareScan Suite provides production level advanced scanning & OCR to drive business process efficiency in the front office. This enterprise scanning solution facilitates business process integration, enhances document distribution and includes document creation, capture and editing capabilities.
- eCopy ShareScan Suite runs on both eCopy ShareScan Embedded and eCopy ScanStation. It transforms paper-based information into electronic data for instant integration into multiple business applications. Through the versatility of eCopy Quick Connect™ scan-to buttons, the software provides out-of-the-box connectivity to applications and seamless integration with custom work- flows and databases.
eCopy® PDF Pro Office The smart PDF companion
This easy-to-use PDF solution is the ideal desktop software companion for multifunctional devices. Taking advantage of easy document creation, conversion and sharing, users can enjoy real productivity gains as well as attractive cost savings. eCopy PDF Pro Office is available individually and is also included in all ShareScan versions.
eCopy PDF Pro Office key features
- Facilitates creation, editing, and marking-up of industry-standard PDF files
- Converts PDFs to and from Office formats
- Electronic signing of documents
- Automatic comparison of document versions
- Document conversion and forms creation
- Connection to popular Enterprise Content Management solutions
eCopy PDF Pro Office key benefits
- Timesaving automatic merging of different document formats; easy combining of paper and electronic documents; and convenient sharing of paper-based information
- Document encryption prevents unauthorised viewing, printing or editing, and reliably protects confidential information
- Increases overall productivity and helps to get work done faster
Minimum Software Requirements eCopy ShareScan
Microsoft XP Pro
Microsoft Windows 2003 Server
Microsoft Vista Business Edition
Microsoft Vista Enterprise Edition
Microsoft Windows 2008
Microsoft Windows 7
Minimum Software Requirements eCopy PDF Pro Office
A computer with an Intel® Pentium® III or higher processor or equivalent
Supported operating systems:
Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit Editions
Windows Vista 32-bit or 64-bit Editions with Service Pack 2 Windows XP 32-bit Edition with Service Pack 3
Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 7 or above
512 MB of memory (RAM), 1 GB recommended
500 MB of free hard disc space for application files plus 50 MB working space during installation
CD-ROM drive for installation
Web access needed for product registration, activation and obtaining live updates for the program.
To save DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files (for Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 Word, Excel and PowerPoint) you should have or install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 on Windows XP.
System requirements for eCopy ShareScan Suite for embedded devices may vary depending upon device configurations. Please contact your Konica Minolta sales representative for more information on specific configuration requirements.
Not currently supported by eCopy ShareScan for Konica Minolta embedded devices
Embedded devices only
eCopy connectors and Extenders System requirements differ for each Connector and Extender. Please find individual requirements on their respective datasheet, at nuance. com or contact your Konica Minolta sales representative.
The support and availability of the listed specifications and functionalities varies depending on operating systems, applications, network protocols as well as network and system configurations.
Some of the product illustrations contain optional accessories.
Specifications and accessories are based on the information available at the time of printing and are subject to change without notice.
Konica Minolta does not warrant that the specifications mentioned will be error-free.
Microsoft, Windows and the Windows logo are trademarks, or registered trademarks, of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
All other brand and product names may be registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.
Nuance, the Nuance logo and eCopy are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.