INDIVIDUAL bizhub ENHANCEMENT
Advanced functionality with i-Option
Streamlining user operation and increasing workflow capabilities are important requirements in today’s corporate environments. Taking advantage of Konica Minolta’s i-Options, you will achieve just that! The “i” in i-Option stands for attractive attributes such as innovation, interactivity and intelligence.
Various i-Options are integrated into the bizhub firmware and can be activated after purchasing the corresponding licence keys – simply choose the i-Options best suited to your specific requirements.
ONLINE INTERFACE TO ENHANCE YOUR SCOPE OF WORK
Advanced communication via the bizhub’s control panel (LK-101 v3 Web browser)
This i-Option activates a Web browser that provides direct access from the bizhub panel to the Internet, Intranet and Web-based databases. The LK-101v3 is the basis for any adaptation and customisation of bizhub functionalities related to Konica Minolta’s Internal Web Server and OpenAPI applications. Some examples are:
- Smooth printing of information from websites and e-mails directly from the bizhub panel
- Follow-me printing by accessing user boxes on other networked bizhub systems
- Enhanced image panel with clearly structured user interface:
- Intuitive scan interface for increased efficiency in the scan and send workflow
- Document thumbnail view for input and editing
- Customisation possibilities, for example via the personal address book of the PageScope Enterprise Suite
- MyPanel Manager address book photo support
- Great help as it speeds up the search for the correct destination button
- Easy personalisation of icons, for example with uploaded photos, images or symbols
- Direct access to the Konica Minolta bizhub MarketPlace
- Simple and convenient, direct download of features and functions straight from the bizhub control panel
ENHANCED PDF PROCESSING STRAIGHT FROM YOUR BIZHUB
Protect PDFs against unauthorised viewing (LK-102 PDF enhancements)
- PDFs can be encrypted with a digital ID, making unau- thorised viewing of confidential documents impossible. ID-encrypted documents can only be opened or edited by the holder of the key or certificate.
- A digital signature can be added to a scanned PDF file to facilitate tracking and ensure a transparent document history. The digital signature contains information about the document creator and can be used just like a written signature to “sign” PDFs or confirm their content.
- Easier searching of PDFs saves time! By adding metadata to PDFs, such as title, author, subject and/ or keywords, search engines will find these documents quickly and easily.
Take advantage of fast document searches (LK-105 OCR text recognition)
This i-Option provides full OCR* for PDFs and highly compressed Compact PDF documents. With it, users save time when searching for specific information within the document. And it enables Copy & Paste, which facilitates reusing text portions in other documents or applications.
- Searchable PDFs can be created for example when converting incoming faxes into PDF files by using the forward TX function or TSI Routing function and sending them to the PC.
- Full OCR* is available for scanning and sending/storing PDF files.
- For best compression, the document is separated into text, graphic and image objects during scanning.
- A readable text layer is added to the PDF, enabling fast searching for single words and easy copying of text into other applications.
One i-Option does it all (LK-110 Document converter pack)
With the exclusive LK-110 functionality, users can easily create various file formats and high-quality image data. In addition, built-in OCR* technology enables similar features as described above.
- Offers the creation of PDF, CPDF, JPEG, TIFF, XPS, CXPS, OOXML file formats
- Direct printing via e-mail, for example from mobile devices
- Printing service without printer driver
- “Print on/off” upon receipt by the MFP can be selected for e-mails with attached files
- Convenient pasting of transparent text data
- Easy creation of text searchable OOXML files; using OCR* technology, this function automatically creates text information from scanned images.
OPTIMISE YOUR WORKFLOW WITH STANDARDISED TEXT AND GRAPHICS RECOGNITION
Smooth barcode generation, printing and processing (LK-106 barcode fonts)
This i-Option detects PCL barcode sequences in print data and prints these as barcodes on Konica Minolta printing devices. Users can directly print their files without the need for additional printer software.
- Barcodes are printed as such and not as conventional image data, which would obstruct later recognition in the printout by barcode readers. Reproduction of the data as proper barcodes ensures high-quality printouts and the smooth processing of all information.
- The support of printing barcodes in PCL data streams is provided especially for printing from SAP and ensures a smooth transition. In this case, the print command is issued by the SAP system, while the processing, barcode generation and printing happens in the MFP.
Multiple-language printing support (LK-107 Unicode fonts)
- Unicode, a worldwide text standard, consists of over 1 million characters; this includes almost every existing symbol and character in the world. As this i-Option supports the fonts of multiple languages, users can easily print their files without encountering problems with non-readable characters in the document. LK-107 ensures that the MFP prints an extensive selection of symbols and characters even within a single print job.
- SAP users benefit from seamless integration and usage, as Unicode-based characters and fonts are provided
in the printing device as standard without requiring additional software. This ensures smooth processing of print commands and guarantees perfect print results.
Precise processing of printed documents with OCR (LK-108 OCR A and B fonts)
- In principle, there are two font types for automatic text recognition, OCR* A and OCR B, with both differing in shape and style. OCR B is ISO-certified and often requested for form (cheque) printing in the financial sector. This i-Option ensures clear machine readability to avoid serious errors in the further processing of the printed information.
- LK-108 is fully compatible with SAP and as a number- font combination is often used as a standard, for example for identity cards, passports, and payment tickets.
REDUCE NETWORK TRAFFIC & ENHANCE PRINT SPEED
Speed up print processes (LK-111 ThinPrint® client)
- ThinPrint® supports smooth printing by compressing print jobs by up to 98%. Not only does this high compression rate have a positive impact on the print speed, it also reduces network traffic, thus relieving the entire corporate network.
- The ThinPrint® Output Gateway reduces printer drivers on computers, thus saving time in server installation and administration. It also optimises user operation, as conflicts due to incompatible printer drivers are completely avoided. The advantages are especially obvious in client installations with existing ThinPrint® environments. Thanks to its easy handling and fast integration, the functionality is instantly available.
- A tracking function is included to easily determine which departments have a particularly high print volume, which printers are frequently or hardly used, and which print features (colour, duplex, etc.) users prefer. This knowledge makes the usage of existing equipment transparent, avoiding unprofitable investment.
Advanced functions: employ memory extensions to use special i-Options
- Designed to offer sufficient memory capacity for the i-Options, the UK-204 upgrade kit provides 2GB RAM additional memory space.
- The following i-Options require an extension of the memory capacity: LK-101v3; LK-102v3; LK-104v3; LK-105v3; LK-110