PageScope Enterprise Suite
End to End Print Administration
Central management, streamlined administration, absolute efficiency
Time is of the essence in today’s business world. The challenge is the same everywhere: to achieve more in less time, to maximise results with minimised efforts and expenditure. By presenting the PageScope Enterprise Suite Konica Minolta offers IT managers and administrators in all business areas important support for exactly this purpose!
- Especially in mid-sized and larger companies administrating an often comprehensive range of MFPs and other output devices is a complex and time-consuming task. Managing user details and rights, keeping address books and scan destinations up-to-date, maintaining usage and cost transparency can keep a system administrator busy for more than the usual 8-hour day, and that’s not even mentioning his immediate attention to any arising problem, depleted consumables, faulty equipment, or similar.
- With the PageScope Enterprise Suite administrators now have an efficient and comprehensive software application at hand that gives them complete access to all this information and enables monitoring and administrating of all output devices from a central platform – in a minimum of time!
- At the core of the PageScope Enterprise Suite is a central database that handles all user and machine-related details. Its operation is web- based via an intuitive graphic user interface. The monitoring and management functionality covers the performance, cost control and rights administration for all registered users and connected output devices.
- Consisting of four separate software compo- nents, the Enterprise Suite represents a modular approach to MFP administration. The advantage
of this modularity is maximum flexibility companies can adopt only those modules of the software suite that are immediately required and with changing business needs can upgrade and enhance the functionality at any time.
A fitting combination: the four modules of the Suite
The modules can be used in any combination and integrate with established platforms such as Active Directory, making available the comprehensive contents of the company’s database right on the networked MFPs and output devices.
Efficiency in today’s business world is all about saving time. With the PageScope Enterprise Suite Konica Minolta helps administrators and IT specialists streamline their work, minimise their efforts and achieve a lot more in considerably less time.
The features and benefits of the different software modules are explained in detail on the following pages.
PageScope Account Manager
Comprehensive output and cost reporting
This software platform targets administrators in large and mid-sized companies with high print volumes and multiple output devices.
Web-based, the Account Manager is easy to use and streamlines the central monitoring and collection of counter readings from all registered devices, helping to reduce costs and realise savings. Designed for office environments from around 50 to thousands of employees, PageScope Account Manager can monitor more than 1,000 devices and supply administrators with reports that include every print, copy, scan, and fax done.
- Central counter collection and analysis of systems, users and accounts
- Automatic updating of the Account Manager database with counter readings at daily, weekly or monthly intervals
- Enables flexible data analysis by individual departments, devices or users
- Cost control with embedded price tables including tiered price schemes mean that reports are based on real costs
- Central setting of output limits per individual user, specifying separate colour, b/w or total output limits
- Preconfigured reporting, including automatic emailing and saving of specific reports
- One interface gives access to all counter readings, saving administrators time and effort
- Efficient cost control for users and accounts, including details of departments or projects; increases the users’ cost consciousness and optimises output volumes per device
- Enhanced productivity due to optimisation of the MFP and printer infrastructure in line with usage reports
- Central limit management generates cost savings, as individual output limits avoid excessive (i.e. unnecessary) printing and keep costs inside
PageScope Authentication Manager
Dynamic database for central user and rights management
Administrators know how time-consuming it is to set up scores of users and allocate individual user rights on numerous MFPs. Not to forget the changes that are constantly required; new users have to be added, access rights amended, users deleted.
PageScope Authentication Manager takes administrator convenience to a new level. For the first time an application serves as a central user database and can be dynamically accessed by all networked devices. Once a user has been registered in Authentication Manager and individual user rights have been allocated, this grants him immediate access to all connected output devices, and the seamless integration with Active Directory makes sure of a unified user data structure.
- Central user registration from Authentication Manager GUI covers all networked MFPs
- Individual configuration of user rights for all MFP functions
- Colour usage can be limited or blocked completely
- Real-time check of individual volume limits (in combination with PS Account Manager) ensures instant production stop upon reaching a limit
- Seamless integration with Konica Minolta authentication systems, e.g. biometric or IC card systems, enables efficient central storage of authentication data
- User imports from Active Directory supported
- Integration with Active Directory
- Central control of user rights on all MFPs increases transparency and saves time
- Facilitates the limitation of colour usage rights helping to reduce high colour document output costs
- Central set-up of authentication modes on MFPs saves time and increases administrator efficiency
- Savings from more effective cost control, as users’ volume limitations apply across all networked MFPs
- Combination with PageScope Account Manager provides real-time output limitations with individual adjustments per user
- Faster user log-in and less administrative effort thanks to compatibility with IC card and biometric authentication systems
PageScope MyPanel Manager
At home on any system
These days efficiency rules the business. Users of MFPs frequently have to battle with preconfigured settings that often vary from one output device to the next. Address books especially in large organisations can have thousands of entries although most employees only keep regular contact with a small circle of co-workers.
Help is at hand in the office jungle with PageScope MyPanel Manager. The application offers true individualisation where users can easily create their very own profiles, including individual display settings, a personal address book, and their own scan destinations. Even better, this individual user profile is automatically active at any connected MFP right after log-in. No more hassle from different set-ups everywhere and thousands of unwanted entries in address books!
- Simple creation and editing of personalised address books and scan destinations, including individual addresses and groups for scanning
- Icons for address and scan destinations facilitate identification
- Address registration possible via LDAP
- Simple and straightforward editing of personal panel contents, including desired language and individual start-up screen, via web-based GUI for administrators and users
- Follow-me convenience with server-based architecture: MyPanel settings are instantly active on any system after log-in
- Increased user convenience with personalised profiles, thanks to preferred display language and individually adapted panel layout
- Faster access to regularly used scan destinations; instant availability of frequently used functions
- Familiar GUI automatically active on all MFPs after log-in which minimises operation time and effort, increases overall productivity
- Considerably reduced MFP administration – the administrator only selects the output devices for the MyPanel Manager, the users then administrate their own profile and address book
PageScope Net Care Device Manager
More productive with effective central monitoring
An important administration task, besides managing users and authorisation rights is the monitoring of the output devices, their availability and performance. Printers and MFPs that can’t be used due to depleted consumables or technical problems will keep employees from performing their tasks as usual and thus have a negative impact on the overall productivity in the office.
PageScope Net Care Device Manager helps the administrator ensure constant high productivity of all registered output devices. At the same time this PageScope module provides a convenient web interface for the quick and easy configuration of network settings and machine details (name, location, department, etc.), and as the NetCare Device Manager processes MIB data, third-party output devices can also be included.
- Automatic detection and registration of compatible systems on the network, requiring no manual procedures
- Fast and flexible status monitoring via the web, with icons indicating system availability or problems
- Individual configuring of email notifications advising of status changes or problems, including flexible allo- cation of machine pools to different administrators
- Fast assignation of preconfigured network settings (e.g. subnets, gateways, domains) to multiple systems via templates
- Effective recall of counter readings from multiple systems, including automatic export e.g. to an accounting application
- Considerable reduction of administration efforts from comprehensive monitoring via central web interface
- Instant attention to problems and bottlenecks thanks to streamlined status recalls and automatic email notification
- Improved system productivity from maximised uptime, with positive impact on overall office productivity
- Enhanced user motivation, as system availability is maximised and the need for user intervention is minimised
Enhanced functionality with flexible combinations
Minimum Hardware Specifications (1-500 users):
CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2GHz or higher
RAM: 1GB or higher
Recommended Hardware Specifications (500-30000 users):
CPU: Core2Duo 2.66GHz or higher
RAM: 4GB or higher
Supported Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 or later Mozilla Firefox 2.0 or later Apple Safari 1.3.2 or later
Monitor: XGA (1024*768 pixel) or higher
Windows 2000 Pro/Server(SP4 or higher)
Windows XP Pro (SP2 or higher)
Windows Server 2003 (SP2 or higher)
Windows Vista Business/Enterprise
Biometric database server:
Windows 2000 Server(SP4 or higher)
Windows Server 2003 (SP2 or higher)