Complete Control over print, copy, scan and fax
Papercut MF is a simple, low cost software application that lets you take control and manage your printers, copiers and multi-function devices.
Eliminate waste, encourage responsible behavior and make users and departments accountable for their usage.
PaperCut MF includes embedded software that runs on your copier/MFD to enable tracking, control and secure print release directly from the device's panel.
PaperCut MF is easily configured and is suitable for sites of any size regardless of environment, platform or MFD/printer make and model. PaperCut's solutions are currently in use in over 30,000 sites worldwide and translated into 20 languages, making PaperCut MF a product you can both trust and easily afford.
- Track all MFDs / Printers
- Secure Print Release
- Control and Report Use
- Recover Costs
- Enforce Print Policy
- Minimize Waste
- Web Print
Why PaperCut MF?
Intuitive and Easy to Use
PaperCut MF is regarded as the simplest system of its type to deploy and manage. System administrators have full access to administration and configuration via a familiar web interface.
- User directory (eg. Active Directory and others) integration and automatic user account creation
- Secure print release and Find-Me printing
- Administrator dashboard with real-time status updates
- Web Print: Driverless printing for wireless devices
- Optional client and account billing
- Ability to encourage responsible use via popup notifications
Web Based Administration
PaperCut MF provides “out of the box” browser-based administration access from any network location enabling centralised management of every user and device. Web technologies make cross-platform support easy as there is no need for additional software to be installed and no web server configuration.
A key feature of the administration interface is the dashboard tab – an easy-to-read single page view of the printing environment for administrators. The Dashboard page utilises a number of gadgets to present key real time information such as system activity and status updates, along with trend information and statistics from past activity such as number of pages printed and environmental impact measures.
PaperCut includes over 50 one-click reports available for online viewing, printing or export. Reports address all areas ranging from detailed page logs to summaries by user, department, device or environmental impact. Administrators can create ad-hoc reports by applying filter conditions and reports can be emailed to specified people on a regular schedule.
More information is at www.papercut.com/tour/report/
Powerful Job Scripting
Advanced scripting can be used to define and finely tune your printing policy, and support your organization in eliminating waste and changing user behavior.
With PaperCut you can:
- Automatically route large jobs to detected high volume printers
- Discourage printing of emails via popup print policy warnings
- Encourage double sided printing
- Discourage or disable color printing by user group
- Least cost routing (suggest more cost effective devices based on conditions)
- Allow free printing (e.g. during class times)
- Define action by job attribute, user / group, period of day, device feature / type.
See environmental impact at a glance with the Paper-Less Alliance widget
Secure Print Release
PaperCut’s Find-Me printing feature enables users to print to a global virtual queue. Jobs are paused and only printed when the user releases the job at any compatible MFD/printer:
- Improved document security and convenience.
- Reduce IT administrators needed to manage multiple print drivers and queues for both workstations and notebooks.
- Find-Me printing minimizes waste and has been shown to reduce printing output by up to 20% in busy office environments.
- Support for multiple release methods ranging from auto release on authentication to active release job-by-job.
Secure Device Access
Today’s MFDs are smarter. They have touch screens and the ability to run software directly on the device’s panel. PaperCut leverages this technology to bring new features to each device.
One of the key features is user authentication – only allowing device access to authorized users. At the simplest level users can authenticate with network username and password via an onscreen keyboard. In addition many environments will implement ID card authentication. Card numbers can be extracted from your network’s user directory or a database (e.g. door access control system), alternatively users can self-associate their card on first- use.
Card types include magnetic stripe, proximity (HID, Mifare & Legic) and bar codes, and PaperCut supports many brands of USB card readers including RFIdeas, Elatec and OmniKey. Off the shelf standard USB and network card readers are available from leading suppliers. PaperCut have a global network of hardware experts (Authorized Solutions Centers) should you require technical assistance, advice or onsite support of both software and hardware.
iPad, Mobile and Driverless Web Printing
The introduction of iPads, mobile devices, tablets, netbooks and BYO devices have brought a new set of challenges to the printing landscape. PaperCut can help solve these problems with native iPad print support and web based driverless printing – core features in PaperCut. Users of these devices have access to the full range of features including authenticating, account selection and ‘find-me’ printing in a simple user interface.
Watermarking and Digital Signatures
Watermarking allows you to automatically add a username or other metadata to the bottom of every page e.g. to indicate the document owner. Watermarking may include a unique digital signature which allows you to track document origin to enhance security and encourage responsible printing.
Papercut in Education
Give end users the ability to make payments into their PaperCut account using payment gateways. Payment gateways allow third party systems to connect to PaperCut in a supported manner.
Common gateways include leading providers like PayPal and Authorize.Net which allow real-time online payments via credit card. PaperCut also supports closed or internal payment systems such as a main college funds account. Hardware gateways are available to support a range of cash loaders, self-service kiosks and bill and coin boxes. For hardware, please refer to a PaperCut MF Authorized Solution Center.
Users can operate in either credit or debit, with defined account rules including how and how often an account is credited. Use network groups to define how additional quota/credit is assigned. Use network groups to define how additional quota/credit is assigned; for example, allow a specific group of users to accumulate their quota while others operate on a “use it or lose it” basis.
Pre Paid/Top Up Cards
PaperCut MF comes with a simple to implement voucher system for purchasing additional print credit. Administrators can print out a batch of single-use cards with a pre-defined value. Users redeem cards by entering the card’s unique code on a web page.
User Web Interface
End users have access to a set of web tools to track their own activity in real-time, query their account balances, and view their transactions – without the need for intervention from administrators. The end user interface is fully customizable, so you can design a look and feel to match your website or intranet pages.
- Suitable for networks of 5 to 500,000+ users
- Single server or multi-server environments
- Monitor locally attached printers Client software is optional Available in 20+ languages and currency formats world-wide
- Enterprise-wide license: unlimited printers, servers, and workstations
- Licensed based on number of end users, plus a per-device license for MFD’s running embedded software
- Premium Upgrades Assurance included for first 12 months
- Open documented database schema
- XML Web Services API with sample code
- Supported Server Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows Server (any edition including 64-bit and server core)
- Mac OS X Server (10.4 or higher) Linux (any modern distribution) Novell OES Linux and iPrint
Supported User Directory Services:
- Active Directory (native integration including nested groups and OU’s)
- OpenDirectory eDirectory LDAP
- NIS, PAM, Samba, and others
- Supported Workstation Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows (any edition) Mac OS X (10.4 or higher)
- Linux (any modern distribution) Unix Workstation (Java required to run client software)
- Almost all major digital laser, inkjet and wide format devices supported
- Supported print languages: PCL, PCL6, HPGL, Postscript, PCLGUI, Ricoh RPCS, Epson ESC, QPDL, various GDI printers and many languages that don’t even have names
- Supported Database Servers: Self managing internal database: suitable for up to 5,000 end users
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000/2005/2008 (either 32 or 64 bit)
- Microsoft SQL Express 2005/2008 (free from Microsoft)
- PostgreSQL 7.1 or higher MySQL 5.0 or higher Oracle 9.2 or higher
Supported Cluster Environments:
- Microsoft Failover Server Microsoft Cluster Server Veritas Cluster Server Linux HA
- SSL encryption used for sensitive client server communication.