Unity Document Suite
Category - Document Capture & Management
- Document Capture
- Document processing
- Document distribution
- Content managment
STREAMLINING DOCUMENT FLOW FROM THE DESKTOP
As a straightforward desktop document management solution, the Unity Document Suite supports office workers in creating, organising, combining, splitting, searching and converting PDF and other files. The user-friendly suite of three applications integrates fully into existing business processes. The application is of particular interest for users in corporate offices who work with multifunctional printers (MFPs) and want to optimise document workflows.
Connecting to cloud storage services, Unity Document Suite‘s personalised and bidirectional scanning platform enables seamless document capture, conversion, routing and management directly from Konica Minolta bizhub MFPs.
Thanks to the suite’s comprehensive functionality, users can easily assemble documents of any type, perform OCR (optical character recognition), annotate fi and edit images. Users will appreciate the Unity Document Suite, as it helps them optimise their internal and external document and communication processes: the application’s efficient document capture capabilities facilitate document processing and the distribution of incoming and outgoing information. The comprehensive content management functionality ensures reliable and correct document distribution and delivery of all information into the right hands.
The Unity Document Suite consists of three desktop applications and an optional server module for simple personalised scanning:
- Scanning of hard copy documents: Information from hard copy documents is captured by scanning them at the MFP and converting the content into the appropriate electronic file format, which looks just like the original. The functionality includes personalised and departmental scanning (user & group management).
- Scanning options: The administrator can centrally define the scan settings and limit the range of settings that should be available to end-users. Users can personalise the scanning destinations and available workflows directly from their desktop.
- Scan preview: A preview of the scanned pages can be displayed on the MFP panel before the scanned data is sent to its destination. This preview offers page removal options and the opportunity to change document file settings (file format, file name) after the document capturing process.
Document access from various sources: Incoming and outgoing content can be accessed for example from MFPs, desktop clients, accessible files, e-mail or FTP servers and can even include data from cloud storage locations. Various file formats can either be scanned or imported from the different sources and easily implemented into internal processes.
- Character recognition: The integrated OCR engine recognises text in 127 languages and ensures the accurate conversion of text and content.
- Document conversion: Users can access information in paper and PDF documents by converting them into editable and searchable documents. Logical Form Recognition is available to turn paper forms into fillable PDF or Microsoft Word forms. The conversion of paper and PDF files into .WAV audio files is also possible and uses a built-in RealSpeak engine (text-to-speech functionality).
- Document indexing: Automatic full-text indexing of scanned documents is possible, including easy and reliable document indexing with multiple keywords and/ or XML metadata and metadata options.
- Enterprise-class PDF solution: The Unity Document Suite facilitates the creation, editing and mark-up of industry-standard PDF files. Scans and photos can be combined with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation files for automatic conversion to PDF format.
- Modifying and merging documents: Paper documents can be merged with e-mails, faxes and Microsoft Office files, and pages can be rearranged by simple drag-and-drop. Text can be modified by viewing, editing or marking it. Bookmarks, footers or Bates stamps can be inserted and documents signed electronically. Pages can be annotated using drawing tools, text tools, notes – including even the automatic creation of written notes from spoken comments (no typing required).
- Automated routing and custom workflows: The entire workflow from scanning to document conversion, editing and output settings can be automated. Users can jump start workflows by sending files from a bizhub MFP to any destination across the enterprise. It is possible for users to be notified automatically whenever new documents are delivered into specific folders. Scanning options and multi-step buttons on the MFP can be customised to provide personalised scanning destinations and workflows.
Content & document management
- Folder management: Facilitates the selection and display of regularly-used folders to provide fast access to target folders. This functionality for example includes thumbnail viewing of folder data as well as locking files to the network while they are in use. Via ”Folder notes,“ comments can be added directly to a folder, which is especially useful to add information that applies to all files in a folder, for example contact details, a customer ID or a reminder.
- Effective collaboration: The Unity Document Suite offers an extensive variety of possible annotations, enabling users to add comments, highlight sections, redact confidential information or add text to the document. This facilitates the collaboration on documents, saves time and speeds up results.
- Document security: Document access can be permitted in stages. Users can for example restrict editing of the document, or restrict printing, or both. It is possible to secure documents by applying password protection and digital signatures, and also to give specific authorised users restricted access to certain folders.
- Cloud connection: A wide range of cloud storage locations is available to perform task, including data transfer and retrieval. Thanks to the integration with MS Windows, data can be accessed by simple drag-and-drop, facilitating the document usage within the cloud. In addition, data management functions are available for passwords and login information.
- Connect to ECM applications: It is possible to connect to popular enterprise document management systems and solutions. As an interface between the bizhub MFP and back-end as well as desktop applications, the Unity Document Suite facilitates the logical and convenient filing of documents into these systems.